Minnesota’s manufacturers are more optimistic in their firms’ future than at any point since 2009, according to the seventh annual The State of Manufacturing®, a survey research project sponsored by Enterprise Minnesota and partners. The firms surveyed expect to grow, create jobs and increase wages in 2015, but the skills gap, health care costs, and zealous government oversight remain possible impediments to growth.
Minnesota’s manufacturers are undoubtedly bullish about their prospects for 2015. The chronic shortage of qualified workers, however, has manufacturers increasingly concerned that they will not be able to take full advantage of the improving economy.
- Bob Kill, Enterprise Minnesota President & CEO
Click here to view the full schedule of State of Manufacturing events and to register.
Full Survey Results and Downloads
- 2015 State of Manufacturing press release
- "The State of Manufacturing: Calm and Deep" from Enterprise Minnesota® Magazine
- Full 2015 Survey Results Slide Deck
- Full Survey Questionnaire
- Selected Crosstabs
- The State of Manufacturing® Survey Book
- Webcast of The State of Manufacturing Survey Release Event - Minneapolis Convention Center on May 13, 2015