Enterprise Minnesota is an ISO 9001:2015 certified consulting organization that works with small and medium sized manufacturing companies to help them compete and grow profitably. Our affiliation with the Federal Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) further positions Enterprise Minnesota to offer clients leading-edge services to improve manufacturing operations, attract and retain employees, and grow their business. Enterprise Minnesota consulting, sales, and marketing staff live throughout Minnesota and generally work remotely from their homes. Executive and Finance staff work, primarily, out of the corporate office in NE Minneapolis.
The Senior Accountant is a member of the Finance Team. This position requires a solid understanding of GAAP accounting, with strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills. With a small team, each member is hands-on with their responsibilities, and critical to the success of the department and organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Accountant shares the responsibility for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of the organization’s financial condition through standard financial reports and special target audience reports.
Financial Accounting, Analysis, and Reporting
- Monthly and Annual financial close along with annual audit
- Analyze financial/operational data to track/trend performance
- Analyze project data to insure accurate project allocations
- Prepare and publish operations reports on a scheduled basis
Day to Day Operations
- Accounts Receivable – process invoices to clients and follow up on past due accounts
- Accounts Payable – generate vendor checks for bi-weekly payment
- Purchasing – purchase items as needed by staff in support of our client operations or internal needs – this includes office supplies, printers, etc.
- Cash tracking – forecasting
- Monitor contract compliance to ensure appropriate documentation is submitted by staff
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Participate in annual budget process – coordinating with leadership on their plans for the coming fiscal year
- Work with VP of Finance on regular forecasts to meet organizational needs and grant reporting requirements
- Maintain organizational fixed asset records, prepare necessary financial entries and inventory for insurance purposes
- Coordinate tracking, recording, and acquisition of company leased vehicles
- Coordinate financial aspects of reporting to/with our Federal partner (NIST/MEP)
- Prepare annual/periodic operating plans for NIST/MEP funding
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with a strong understanding of accounting and budgeting processes
- Proven skills with Microsoft Excel and experience with MS Word and accounting software
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with a high level of individual initiative
- Knowledge of non-profit or government accounting practices (GAAP)
- Demonstrated ability to coach/influence non-finance peers to advanced processes and results
- Experience within a consulting services environment
- Federal/state grant compliance and management or similar experience
Enterprise Minnesota is an EEO employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing interest/fit for the position to email@example.com or use the link below.