Enterprise Minnesota is an ISO 9001:2015 certified consulting organization that works with small and medium sized manufacturing companies to help them compete and grow profitably. The organization also serves as the “voice” for the industry, raising visibility and appreciation for the value manufacturers provide our communities and the state’s economy. Our affiliation with the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) further positions Enterprise Minnesota to offer clients leading-edge services to improve manufacturing operations, attract/retain employees, and grow business. Enterprise Minnesota sales, consulting, and marketing staff work from their homes and live throughout Minnesota. Executive and finance staff work primarily out of the corporate office in Minneapolis.
The Accounting Associate, a full-time exempt position, provides key support to our accounting/finance team by recording, reviewing, and reconciling financial transactions to ensure the accuracy of our financial data. In addition, this position supports the organization by managing our office equipment and supplies, along with mail and shipping activities.
General Responsibilities and Duties
The Accounting Associate assists with the procurement of materials and supplies for internal customers. The position ensures that our clients are billed properly; and our vendors, employees, and partners are paid timely and accurately. In addition, this position makes sure that records are orderly, and the operational aspects of the corporate office are functioning well.
- Work with approved vendors to acquire materials or supplies needed for all staff and our consulting staff’s client services.
- Process client invoices daily and follow up as needed to ensure timely payment.
- Prepare daily bank deposit for processing by Senior Accountant.
- Process employee expense reports and vendor invoices, ensuring appropriate coding, supporting documentation, and authorizations.
- Following the check run, prepare checks for mailing and filing. Follow up on checks which do not clear the bank on timely basis.
- Share the month-end responsibilities including journal entry input, account reconciliations, general ledger activities and generation of timely and accurate financial reporting, including regular reporting and the publishing of internal reports, as needed.
- Participate in the annual financial audit as needed, assist with pulling invoices and files, and answering questions related to position functions.
Maintain & Organize Finance Department Files and Records:
- Keep certain organizational hard-copy and electronic files up to date to ensure easy retrieval, including banking records, leases, grant files, AR and AP records.
- Request and provide customer and supplier forms as needed, including W-9’s, vendor credit references, and insurance information, keep the forms organized and easily accessible.
- File bank deposit documentation after processing.
- Maintain files and keep current by following the record retention procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of the asset list and other similar tracking.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting function (Procurement, AP or AR) with a good understanding of basic accounting and accounting processes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with MS Word, Outlook, and accounting software
- Organized, detail oriented, and excellent time management skills.
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with a high level of individual initiative
- Customer service focus.
Enterprise Minnesota is an EEO employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter expressing interest/fit for the position to [email protected] or use the link below.