Samuel Gould is a business growth consultant who brings vast experience in new product development, advanced manufacturing processes, value engineering, automated manufacturing test equipment, and project management to Minnesota manufacturers. Sam provides services that help clients improve productivity and increase employee development.
Prior to joining Enterprise Minnesota, Sam served as a process development engineer for Union Carbide, as director of engineering and manufacturing at Mallinckrodt, Inc., as a senior technical manager for Lockheed Martin, as a plant manager at Tyco Healthcare (now Covidien), and as a senior engineering manager for Nellcor Puritan Bennett. Sam also spent over ten years at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Oak Ridge, TN utilizing lean development and six sigma practices.
Sam resides in Bemidji, MN where he played an active role in establishing the engineering programs at Bemidji State University and he has served as an adjunct professor. He is involved with the Ingenuity Frontier, an organization dedicated to developing and promoting Northwest Minnesota’s engineering and manufacturing strength. Sam also serves as judge and mentor for The Idea Competition, which awards funding to inventors and entrepreneurs with innovative business concepts.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering - University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Master’s degree in management technology - University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management, Minneapolis, MN
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics technology and applied mathematics - College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, MO
Certifications and Training
- Lean Bronze Certification- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- TWI Instructor -- Job Instruction, Job Relations, Job Methods, and Job Safety
- Practical Problem Solving
- Lean Product Development