Enterprise Minnesota is a premier consulting organization that works with medium and smaller manufacturing enterprises to help them compete and grow profitably. The organization also serves as the “voice” for the industry, raising visibility and appreciation for the value manufacturers’ provide our communities and the state’s economy. Our affiliation with the Manufacturers Extension Partnership (MEP) further positions us to offer clients leading-edge services to improve manufacturing operations and strengthen business.
Enterprise Minnesota provides high impact consulting services to medium-sized and smaller Minnesota manufacturers. We have a unique business model and an outstanding reputation for integrity, professionalism, and performance. Our consulting team contributes to our success by implementing operational excellence projects that achieve rigorous metrics for our client’s business results.
Business Growth Practice Consultant
We are seeking a new colleague to join our Operational Excellence consulting practice. The ideal candidate has experience in multiple business functions and a track record of success advising manufacturing enterprises on lean enterprise transformation, (methods and culture applied in production, office, engineering, etc.) and quality management systems implementation and execution.
70% Service Delivery
• Deliver our nationally recognized suite of growth services to target clients (e.g., Strategic Planning, CEO Peer Councils, Idea Engineering, Problem-solving, Global Market Strategy, TWI, Leadership Development, etc.)
• Support consultant peers in client engagements integrating service techniques across client organizations.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Measure and report business results of consulting services.
• Support sales processes as requested by Account Managers (e.g., scope projects, develop proposals, respond to client queries, attend pre-sales and sales calls, etc.)
• Actively expand opportunities to serve/do business with existing clients
• Work with marketing and peers to source and develop client relationships
• Attend quarterly team meetings in Minneapolis
• Update CRM system with all client contact/service delivery information
• Participate in/support quarterly client survey process
Required Skills / Competencies / Experiences
• Demonstrated track record of success collaborating and consulting effectively with CEOs/owners to assess business environment and recommend solutions
• Ability to travel up to 30% within the state of Minnesota
• Facilitation skills to lead clients through execution of service initiatives
• Ability and willingness to balance autonomy with accountability as a member of a geographically dispersed consulting team.
• 8+ years management experience in multiple functions; prior P/L responsibility
• 5+ years’ experience implementing ISO and/or Lean Enterprise methods
• Outstanding communication skills – 1:1, written and presenting/teaching
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, Science or related field (advanced degree preferred)
Our culture is defined by our enterprising spirit and our commitment to balancing employee autonomy with accountability. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a part of our team of dynamic and committed consultants, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
Enterprise Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer.